Jan 20, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
The Brewers didn’t want to trade quality for Ike Davis, so they’ve signed a guy for next to nothing who, in reality, was more useful than Ike Davis last year:
— Mike Vassallo (@MikeVassallo13) January 20, 2014
Last week they snagged Mark Reynolds. Now they have Overbay. Between them they can probably cobble together at least some useful production at first base. Or not. Worth the gamble given that they were each close to free talent.
But I do wish they’d dream bigger. Like, sign Vernon Wells in camp and lure Kevin Youkilis back from Japan for the 2013 Yankees scubeenie reunion.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 2
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 21
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 39
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4