Jan 20, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
The Brewers didn’t want to trade quality for Ike Davis, so they’ve signed a guy for next to nothing who, in reality, was more useful than Ike Davis last year:
— Mike Vassallo (@MikeVassallo13) January 20, 2014
Last week they snagged Mark Reynolds. Now they have Overbay. Between them they can probably cobble together at least some useful production at first base. Or not. Worth the gamble given that they were each close to free talent.
But I do wish they’d dream bigger. Like, sign Vernon Wells in camp and lure Kevin Youkilis back from Japan for the 2013 Yankees scubeenie reunion.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)