Jan 20, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
The Brewers didn’t want to trade quality for Ike Davis, so they’ve signed a guy for next to nothing who, in reality, was more useful than Ike Davis last year:
— Mike Vassallo (@MikeVassallo13) January 20, 2014
Last week they snagged Mark Reynolds. Now they have Overbay. Between them they can probably cobble together at least some useful production at first base. Or not. Worth the gamble given that they were each close to free talent.
But I do wish they’d dream bigger. Like, sign Vernon Wells in camp and lure Kevin Youkilis back from Japan for the 2013 Yankees scubeenie reunion.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)