Jan 20, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
The Brewers didn’t want to trade quality for Ike Davis, so they’ve signed a guy for next to nothing who, in reality, was more useful than Ike Davis last year:
— Mike Vassallo (@MikeVassallo13) January 20, 2014
Last week they snagged Mark Reynolds. Now they have Overbay. Between them they can probably cobble together at least some useful production at first base. Or not. Worth the gamble given that they were each close to free talent.
But I do wish they’d dream bigger. Like, sign Vernon Wells in camp and lure Kevin Youkilis back from Japan for the 2013 Yankees scubeenie reunion.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8