Jan 20, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Yes, this is absurdly minor, but it’s one of those days. Between people being off work for MLK Day and other people spending the day continuing to freak out that a people we basically treat as a gladiators don’t speak like statesmen after games, not a lot of actual stuff is going down. So:
Source: #Padres re-sign Travis Buck to minor league deal.
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 20, 2014
Buck spent the entire 2013 season at Triple-A Tucson, where he hit 256 with a .296 on-base percentage. He’s a career .243/.316/.399 hitter who, at this point, has business cards that say “emergency catching option” on them, I presume.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 15
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29