Jan 20, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Yes, this is absurdly minor, but it’s one of those days. Between people being off work for MLK Day and other people spending the day continuing to freak out that a people we basically treat as a gladiators don’t speak like statesmen after games, not a lot of actual stuff is going down. So:
Source: #Padres re-sign Travis Buck to minor league deal.
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 20, 2014
Buck spent the entire 2013 season at Triple-A Tucson, where he hit 256 with a .296 on-base percentage. He’s a career .243/.316/.399 hitter who, at this point, has business cards that say “emergency catching option” on them, I presume.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)