Jan 20, 2014, 9:49 AM EST
Yes, this is absurdly minor, but it’s one of those days. Between people being off work for MLK Day and other people spending the day continuing to freak out that a people we basically treat as a gladiators don’t speak like statesmen after games, not a lot of actual stuff is going down. So:
Source: #Padres re-sign Travis Buck to minor league deal.
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 20, 2014
Buck spent the entire 2013 season at Triple-A Tucson, where he hit 256 with a .296 on-base percentage. He’s a career .243/.316/.399 hitter who, at this point, has business cards that say “emergency catching option” on them, I presume.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)