Jan 20, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Yes, this is absurdly minor, but it’s one of those days. Between people being off work for MLK Day and other people spending the day continuing to freak out that a people we basically treat as a gladiators don’t speak like statesmen after games, not a lot of actual stuff is going down. So:
Source: #Padres re-sign Travis Buck to minor league deal.
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 20, 2014
Buck spent the entire 2013 season at Triple-A Tucson, where he hit 256 with a .296 on-base percentage. He’s a career .243/.316/.399 hitter who, at this point, has business cards that say “emergency catching option” on them, I presume.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17