Jan 20, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Yes, this is absurdly minor, but it’s one of those days. Between people being off work for MLK Day and other people spending the day continuing to freak out that a people we basically treat as a gladiators don’t speak like statesmen after games, not a lot of actual stuff is going down. So:
Source: #Padres re-sign Travis Buck to minor league deal.
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 20, 2014
Buck spent the entire 2013 season at Triple-A Tucson, where he hit 256 with a .296 on-base percentage. He’s a career .243/.316/.399 hitter who, at this point, has business cards that say “emergency catching option” on them, I presume.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)