Jan 20, 2014, 7:42 AM EST
As D.J. mentioned on Saturday night, Michael Clair’s annual charity blogathon to benefit Doctors Without Borders is going on over at Old Time Family Baseball. Michael’s 24 straight hours of blogging concluded yesterday morning and since then an all-star lineup of guest bloggers has taken over with contributed posts. One of them was me.
My post is about the moment when, for me anyway, Hall of Famers transformed from immortals who always stood as titans to humans who began humbly and grew into greatness, with the idea being inspired by my memories of Tom Glavine’s major league debut and coming away from it less-than-impressed.
I hope you like the post. And I hope you consider donating to the blogathon.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)