Jan 20, 2014, 7:42 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned on Saturday night, Michael Clair’s annual charity blogathon to benefit Doctors Without Borders is going on over at Old Time Family Baseball. Michael’s 24 straight hours of blogging concluded yesterday morning and since then an all-star lineup of guest bloggers has taken over with contributed posts. One of them was me.
My post is about the moment when, for me anyway, Hall of Famers transformed from immortals who always stood as titans to humans who began humbly and grew into greatness, with the idea being inspired by my memories of Tom Glavine’s major league debut and coming away from it less-than-impressed.
I hope you like the post. And I hope you consider donating to the blogathon.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)