Jan 20, 2014, 7:42 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned on Saturday night, Michael Clair’s annual charity blogathon to benefit Doctors Without Borders is going on over at Old Time Family Baseball. Michael’s 24 straight hours of blogging concluded yesterday morning and since then an all-star lineup of guest bloggers has taken over with contributed posts. One of them was me.
My post is about the moment when, for me anyway, Hall of Famers transformed from immortals who always stood as titans to humans who began humbly and grew into greatness, with the idea being inspired by my memories of Tom Glavine’s major league debut and coming away from it less-than-impressed.
I hope you like the post. And I hope you consider donating to the blogathon.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 7
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)