Jan 20, 2014, 7:42 AM EDT
As D.J. mentioned on Saturday night, Michael Clair’s annual charity blogathon to benefit Doctors Without Borders is going on over at Old Time Family Baseball. Michael’s 24 straight hours of blogging concluded yesterday morning and since then an all-star lineup of guest bloggers has taken over with contributed posts. One of them was me.
My post is about the moment when, for me anyway, Hall of Famers transformed from immortals who always stood as titans to humans who began humbly and grew into greatness, with the idea being inspired by my memories of Tom Glavine’s major league debut and coming away from it less-than-impressed.
I hope you like the post. And I hope you consider donating to the blogathon.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)