Jan 21, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
UPDATE II: Oh boy. It’s not even that he can’t decide which team he wants to play for. He was referring to not being able to decide which Twitter avatar to use.
Wow. I know when I’m beat. I am officially out of the Tanaka Tea Leaves Reading business.
UPDATE: Or, maybe Tanaka is just being a drama queen:
— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayMLB) January 21, 2014
Oh well. He has to make up his mind in the next couple of days, I suppose. C’mon, Tanaka. We’re bored.
10:09 AM: Justin Bopp of SB Nation has been tracking Masahiro Tanaka’s Twitter feed, and hips us to a big tweet from a few minutes ago:
— 田中将大/MASAHIRO TANAKA (@t_masahiro18) January 21, 2014
According to Google Translate, that literally means “Do is Decide.” Bopp says that translates to “It is decided.” Which one presumes means Tanaka has chosen a team.
Last we heard Tanaka had “ongoing negotiations” with the Dodgers. But really, it could be any of four or five teams. I presume we’ll know for sure sometime soon.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)