Jan 21, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
UPDATE II: Oh boy. It’s not even that he can’t decide which team he wants to play for. He was referring to not being able to decide which Twitter avatar to use.
Wow. I know when I’m beat. I am officially out of the Tanaka Tea Leaves Reading business.
UPDATE: Or, maybe Tanaka is just being a drama queen:
— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayMLB) January 21, 2014
Oh well. He has to make up his mind in the next couple of days, I suppose. C’mon, Tanaka. We’re bored.
10:09 AM: Justin Bopp of SB Nation has been tracking Masahiro Tanaka’s Twitter feed, and hips us to a big tweet from a few minutes ago:
— 田中将大/MASAHIRO TANAKA (@t_masahiro18) January 21, 2014
According to Google Translate, that literally means “Do is Decide.” Bopp says that translates to “It is decided.” Which one presumes means Tanaka has chosen a team.
Last we heard Tanaka had “ongoing negotiations” with the Dodgers. But really, it could be any of four or five teams. I presume we’ll know for sure sometime soon.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)