Jan 21, 2014, 10:09 AM EST
UPDATE II: Oh boy. It’s not even that he can’t decide which team he wants to play for. He was referring to not being able to decide which Twitter avatar to use.
Wow. I know when I’m beat. I am officially out of the Tanaka Tea Leaves Reading business.
UPDATE: Or, maybe Tanaka is just being a drama queen:
— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayMLB) January 21, 2014
Oh well. He has to make up his mind in the next couple of days, I suppose. C’mon, Tanaka. We’re bored.
10:09 AM: Justin Bopp of SB Nation has been tracking Masahiro Tanaka’s Twitter feed, and hips us to a big tweet from a few minutes ago:
— 田中将大/MASAHIRO TANAKA (@t_masahiro18) January 21, 2014
According to Google Translate, that literally means “Do is Decide.” Bopp says that translates to “It is decided.” Which one presumes means Tanaka has chosen a team.
Last we heard Tanaka had “ongoing negotiations” with the Dodgers. But really, it could be any of four or five teams. I presume we’ll know for sure sometime soon.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 13
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 17
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 143
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)