Jan 21, 2014, 10:09 AM EST
UPDATE II: Oh boy. It’s not even that he can’t decide which team he wants to play for. He was referring to not being able to decide which Twitter avatar to use.
Wow. I know when I’m beat. I am officially out of the Tanaka Tea Leaves Reading business.
UPDATE: Or, maybe Tanaka is just being a drama queen:
— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayMLB) January 21, 2014
Oh well. He has to make up his mind in the next couple of days, I suppose. C’mon, Tanaka. We’re bored.
10:09 AM: Justin Bopp of SB Nation has been tracking Masahiro Tanaka’s Twitter feed, and hips us to a big tweet from a few minutes ago:
— 田中将大/MASAHIRO TANAKA (@t_masahiro18) January 21, 2014
According to Google Translate, that literally means “Do is Decide.” Bopp says that translates to “It is decided.” Which one presumes means Tanaka has chosen a team.
Last we heard Tanaka had “ongoing negotiations” with the Dodgers. But really, it could be any of four or five teams. I presume we’ll know for sure sometime soon.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)