Jan 21, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
UPDATE II: Oh boy. It’s not even that he can’t decide which team he wants to play for. He was referring to not being able to decide which Twitter avatar to use.
Wow. I know when I’m beat. I am officially out of the Tanaka Tea Leaves Reading business.
UPDATE: Or, maybe Tanaka is just being a drama queen:
— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayMLB) January 21, 2014
Oh well. He has to make up his mind in the next couple of days, I suppose. C’mon, Tanaka. We’re bored.
10:09 AM: Justin Bopp of SB Nation has been tracking Masahiro Tanaka’s Twitter feed, and hips us to a big tweet from a few minutes ago:
— 田中将大/MASAHIRO TANAKA (@t_masahiro18) January 21, 2014
According to Google Translate, that literally means “Do is Decide.” Bopp says that translates to “It is decided.” Which one presumes means Tanaka has chosen a team.
Last we heard Tanaka had “ongoing negotiations” with the Dodgers. But really, it could be any of four or five teams. I presume we’ll know for sure sometime soon.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)