Jan 21, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Bastardo requested $2.5 million and the Phillies countered at $1.675 million, so they’re settling slightly below the midpoint.
Bastardo’s season ended in early August when he received a 50-game suspension for Biogenesis involvement. He threw 43 innings with a 2.32 ERA and 47/21 K/BB ratio before the suspension and has a 3.12 ERA in 153 innings for the Phillies since the beginning of 2011.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (93)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)