Jan 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
As of last night Gaudin was said to be deciding between a handful of teams. He has experience in the rotation and bullpen, throwing 97 innings with a 3.06 ERA and 88/40 K/BB ratio in a split role for the Giants last season.
If he makes the team out of spring training it’ll likely be as a reliever, but Gaudin gives the Phillies a nice fallback option should any of the starters go down with an injury.
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 109
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (109)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)