Jan 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
As of last night Gaudin was said to be deciding between a handful of teams. He has experience in the rotation and bullpen, throwing 97 innings with a 3.06 ERA and 88/40 K/BB ratio in a split role for the Giants last season.
If he makes the team out of spring training it’ll likely be as a reliever, but Gaudin gives the Phillies a nice fallback option should any of the starters go down with an injury.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 0
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 2
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)