Jan 21, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s on. It’s on like Donkey Kong:
Bobby abreu is headed back the phillies after agreeing to deal
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 21, 2014
Who says you can’t go home again?
2:28 PM: Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports on a possible reunion of old friends:
The Phillies, still looking for a left-handed bat to come off the bench, are “sniffing around” on Bobby Abreu, multiple baseball sources tell CSNPhilly.com.
Abreu has not played in the bigs since 2012 — and he stunk then — but he’s been putting up big numbers this offseason in the Venezuelan Winter League, hitting .322 with three homers, 28 RBIs and a .877 OPS in 50 games. He’s probably worth a look in camp, especially considering all it will take is a minor league invite to get him to Clearwater.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)