Jan 21, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Baseball survived the Industrial Revolution, the Civl War, segregation, gambling and multiple world wars. It survived societal paranoia brought on by the threat of nuclear annihilation. It survived the proliferation of countless leisure alternatives including the advent of radio, cinema, television and the Internet. It survived football which, according to most, was on the verge of killing it for at least the past couple of decades. Heck, it even survived Bowie Kuhn.
Yet here’s Tommy Lasorda, telling us that it’s all over:
Tommy Lasorda says A-Rod “ruined the game.”
— Dan Martin (@DanMartin_Post) January 21, 2014
Welp, it’s been nice all. But according to Tommy Lasorda, baseball is ruined. Thanks, A-Rod.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)