Jan 21, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Baseball survived the Industrial Revolution, the Civl War, segregation, gambling and multiple world wars. It survived societal paranoia brought on by the threat of nuclear annihilation. It survived the proliferation of countless leisure alternatives including the advent of radio, cinema, television and the Internet. It survived football which, according to most, was on the verge of killing it for at least the past couple of decades. Heck, it even survived Bowie Kuhn.
Yet here’s Tommy Lasorda, telling us that it’s all over:
Tommy Lasorda says A-Rod “ruined the game.”
— Dan Martin (@DanMartin_Post) January 21, 2014
Welp, it’s been nice all. But according to Tommy Lasorda, baseball is ruined. Thanks, A-Rod.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29