Jan 21, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Baseball survived the Industrial Revolution, the Civl War, segregation, gambling and multiple world wars. It survived societal paranoia brought on by the threat of nuclear annihilation. It survived the proliferation of countless leisure alternatives including the advent of radio, cinema, television and the Internet. It survived football which, according to most, was on the verge of killing it for at least the past couple of decades. Heck, it even survived Bowie Kuhn.
Yet here’s Tommy Lasorda, telling us that it’s all over:
Tommy Lasorda says A-Rod “ruined the game.”
— Dan Martin (@DanMartin_Post) January 21, 2014
Welp, it’s been nice all. But according to Tommy Lasorda, baseball is ruined. Thanks, A-Rod.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)