Jan 21, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Baseball survived the Industrial Revolution, the Civl War, segregation, gambling and multiple world wars. It survived societal paranoia brought on by the threat of nuclear annihilation. It survived the proliferation of countless leisure alternatives including the advent of radio, cinema, television and the Internet. It survived football which, according to most, was on the verge of killing it for at least the past couple of decades. Heck, it even survived Bowie Kuhn.
Yet here’s Tommy Lasorda, telling us that it’s all over:
Tommy Lasorda says A-Rod “ruined the game.”
— Dan Martin (@DanMartin_Post) January 21, 2014
Welp, it’s been nice all. But according to Tommy Lasorda, baseball is ruined. Thanks, A-Rod.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)