Wanna buy Jered Weaver’s house?

Jan 21, 2014, 6:32 AM EDT

Jered Weaver house

It’s in Newport Coast in Orange County. It’s listing for $1,799,000 and it’s currently noted as “sale pending,” but if you swoop in with a higher offer I’m sure Weaver will listen.

Oh, and like just about every other ballplayer’s house it’s decorated like a model home either because he has no taste or because he moved out already and allowed his realtor to neutrally stage it to within an inch of its life.

1. fanofevilempire - Jan 21, 2014 at 7:45 AM

who buys a house with only 3 bathrooms, I understand why he would sell, he has to have 10 bathrooms with the DH.

• mick2014 - Jan 21, 2014 at 11:26 PM

I have a $500 tax refund coming. Is that good enough for the down payment?

2. nflwatcher - Jan 21, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Who are you to question whether Weaver has taste when it comes to home decorating, just another smug know-it-all writer who feels superior to everybody.

• stex52 - Jan 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Here’s your problem. You are on the baseball site. You are looking for “PFT”. Good luck with it.

• historiophiliac - Jan 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM

They wander over here so much now because football is dying.

• historiophiliac - Jan 21, 2014 at 11:40 AM

BTW, it isn’t so much the stupidity that grates. That’s forgivable — and fun to play with. And, it isn’t the anger either, because you know we can ratchet up the indignation. It’s the mouth-breathers’ utter and complete lack of humor that makes them unbearable. They have no capacity for silly, no aptitude for a subtle pun, and absolutely no appreciation for laughtastic sarcasm. It is this, really, that is beyond the pale. They are cretins, and they are un-funny.

• stex52 - Jan 21, 2014 at 11:49 AM

So………help me a little bit here, philiac. Do you like those guys or not?

• skerney - Jan 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Exactly, go Bang It There For Latest News And Rumors.

• proudlycanadian - Jan 21, 2014 at 9:01 AM

My condolences to you sir.

• historiophiliac - Jan 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Gee, somebody has an inferiority complex, eh?

• Craig Calcaterra - Jan 21, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I don’t feel superior to everyone. Just a few people. Weaver (in terms of home decoration). You (in terms of everything). Your mom (in terms of not having a kid that is a hateful piece of trash). You know. Just a few folks.

• stex52 - Jan 21, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Don’t worry, Craig. He has “nfl” in his tag. The lynch mob will get him soon enough.

• slickdemetrius - Jan 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Well…That was classy.

• gmagic9044 - Jan 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Yikes. Craig’s out swingin this morning. Monday was yesterday. :-)

• asimonetti88 - Jan 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM

It says in the article he is living in Westlake Village.

• pauleee - Jan 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I usually take it upon myself to snark back at the PFTers, but I see it’s already been done.

csb:

Some thirty years ago my brother and I took the family station wagon, parked it along PCH, crawled through the barbed-wire fence, and hiked to the top of those coastal hills. Today those hills are covered in houses and that car would be towed within 30 minutes.

• asimonetti88 - Jan 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Actually, there are some nice hiking trails in that area.

3. historiophiliac - Jan 21, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Good thing they don’t have fabric hanging over the bed for a canopy. With the fan so close, it wouldn’t make for good airflow. A four-poster bed would’ve given the same spacial effect without distracting me about the fan.

I know all about staging because my mom watches HGTV.

4. APBA Guy - Jan 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Long time HBT readers know I love these player’s houses posts. Particularly the CA players. But I’m not wild about this house. If you are going to drop almost $ 2M in OC, you need to see the ocean. This place is going for privacy, and NO POOL. Yikes! What do you do when the temp soars to 85? Also, by SoCal standards, the staging is really boring-no life, no identity, no computer on the desk. And lo-def pictures? OC is the home of all the technical types that work in entertainment. 4x Hi Def is like standard down there. I’m really very saddened by this. You expect so much more, and yet the real estate agent seems to have been rewarded by a quick sale despite the half-hearted marketing effort. Tragic.

• historiophiliac - Jan 21, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Soars to 85?

• APBA Guy - Jan 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM

That’s a hot day on the coast in SoCal.Cross over the mountains and you can add 25 degrees. I remember being in San Diego on business one summer day, about 83 at the Naval Base. I had an afternoon appointment over the hills and it was 105. And really strong sun.

• historiophiliac - Jan 21, 2014 at 6:12 PM

105 I can sympathize with. Nothing “soars” to 85 though. Not here anyway.

• asimonetti88 - Jan 21, 2014 at 9:30 PM

85 is not that uncommon for the summer. It was even in the low 80s today here. It’s still hot but I wouldn’t consider it outrageous.

• historiophiliac - Jan 21, 2014 at 10:17 PM

That’s not hot at all.

• asimonetti88 - Jan 22, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Well, it is in the middle of January. I despise cold weather, but I do like it to be colder in January than it is in August.

• asimonetti88 - Jan 21, 2014 at 2:07 PM

$2 million is not really that outrageous of a price in that neighborhood. It’s actually probably on the lower end of cost for that area to be honest. I agree though, outside of the enormous homes, I don’t particularly understand the charm of Newport Coast. I would much rather live in Corona del Mar than Newport Coast any day, even if the homes are typically smaller and older, they have much more personality and many have great views of the ocean and coastline that aren’t as common up in the Newport Coast hills.

5. broncostevenp - Jan 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Real Estate Agent here. It is not legally possible for someone to swoop in and offer more money. They have a legal binding contract that can only be broken if some of the contingencies are not met (I.e. Doesn’t pass inspection or doesn’t appraise for purchase price etc.). I know it was tongue and cheek, but that is not a possibility unless someone wants to pay the current buyer to step out of the transaction. :-)

• asimonetti88 - Jan 21, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Maybe the article should be titled “You Could Have Bought Jered Weaver’s House”

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5570)