Jan 22, 2014, 4:13 PM EST
From the police blotter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that St. Louis Cardinals Minor League right-handed pitcher Andrew Pierce has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Amphetamines are the old school way to enhance performance. Using them shows that you understand and appreciate the game’s rich history. Just more evidence that Cardinals players do things the right way. The Cardinal Way.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (270)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)