Jan 22, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
From the police blotter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that St. Louis Cardinals Minor League right-handed pitcher Andrew Pierce has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Amphetamines are the old school way to enhance performance. Using them shows that you understand and appreciate the game’s rich history. Just more evidence that Cardinals players do things the right way. The Cardinal Way.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)