Jan 22, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
From the police blotter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that St. Louis Cardinals Minor League right-handed pitcher Andrew Pierce has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Amphetamines are the old school way to enhance performance. Using them shows that you understand and appreciate the game’s rich history. Just more evidence that Cardinals players do things the right way. The Cardinal Way.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8