Jan 22, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
The appetizer is out of the way, now comes the entree: step aside, Tanaka. We all eagerly await the winner of the Yuniesky Betancourt derby:
Source: Yuniesky Betancourt less than a week away from making a decision on where he will sign. Multiple teams have been interested.
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 22, 2014
Finally, my inbox will stop being filled with “WHERE WILL YU-BET SIGN?” We’ll be spared the column after column of speculation on who will end up with him and what the legacy of the losing general managers may be. The logjam of infielders who can neither hit nor field all that well will finally break and we will have wave after wave of signings.
Or maybe this is just a matter of Betancourt’s agent trying to make a big show out of shopping his client around. Could be either, frankly.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (158)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)