Jan 23, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
This seems like a really late hire considering spring training starts is less than a month, but the Reds have added Lee Tinsley as their new assistant hitting coach.
Ronnie Ortegon, who filled that role last season, is now the Braves’ minor league hitting coordinator. Don Long is the Reds’ primary hitting coach.
C. Trent Rosencrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer notes that Tinsley was slated to be a rookie-ball manager in the Dodgers’ farm system before being hired by the Reds.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 6
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 35
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)