Jan 23, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
This seems like a really late hire considering spring training starts is less than a month, but the Reds have added Lee Tinsley as their new assistant hitting coach.
Ronnie Ortegon, who filled that role last season, is now the Braves’ minor league hitting coordinator. Don Long is the Reds’ primary hitting coach.
C. Trent Rosencrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer notes that Tinsley was slated to be a rookie-ball manager in the Dodgers’ farm system before being hired by the Reds.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 23
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (155)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)