Jan 23, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
This seems like a really late hire considering spring training starts is less than a month, but the Reds have added Lee Tinsley as their new assistant hitting coach.
Ronnie Ortegon, who filled that role last season, is now the Braves’ minor league hitting coordinator. Don Long is the Reds’ primary hitting coach.
C. Trent Rosencrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer notes that Tinsley was slated to be a rookie-ball manager in the Dodgers’ farm system before being hired by the Reds.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 47
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 34
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)