Jan 23, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
This seems like a really late hire considering spring training starts is less than a month, but the Reds have added Lee Tinsley as their new assistant hitting coach.
Ronnie Ortegon, who filled that role last season, is now the Braves’ minor league hitting coordinator. Don Long is the Reds’ primary hitting coach.
C. Trent Rosencrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer notes that Tinsley was slated to be a rookie-ball manager in the Dodgers’ farm system before being hired by the Reds.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)