Jan 23, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
This seems like a really late hire considering spring training starts is less than a month, but the Reds have added Lee Tinsley as their new assistant hitting coach.
Ronnie Ortegon, who filled that role last season, is now the Braves’ minor league hitting coordinator. Don Long is the Reds’ primary hitting coach.
C. Trent Rosencrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer notes that Tinsley was slated to be a rookie-ball manager in the Dodgers’ farm system before being hired by the Reds.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (159)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)