Jan 23, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
Rauch will get an invitation to spring training, where he’ll compete for a middle relief gig in Kansas City’s relatively stacked bullpen.
Rauch was terrible for the Marlins last year, but it was only 17 innings and he threw 58 innings with a 3.59 ERA and 42/12 K/BB ratio for the Mets in 2012. At age 35 he’s nearing the end of the line, but the 6-foot-10 right-hander could be useful and the price is certainly right.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 6
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 35
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)