Jan 23, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
Rauch will get an invitation to spring training, where he’ll compete for a middle relief gig in Kansas City’s relatively stacked bullpen.
Rauch was terrible for the Marlins last year, but it was only 17 innings and he threw 58 innings with a 3.59 ERA and 42/12 K/BB ratio for the Mets in 2012. At age 35 he’s nearing the end of the line, but the 6-foot-10 right-hander could be useful and the price is certainly right.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (87)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)