Jan 23, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
The Cleveland Indians just announced that they have signed righty Dave Aardsma to a Minor League Contract with a non-roster invitation to Major League spring training.
Aardsma, 32, spent most of the 2013 season in the New York Mets bullpen, going 2-2 with a 4.31 ERA in 43 relief appearances (39.2IP, 39H, 19ER, 19BB, 36K). He made one appearance with the Yankees in 2012 and missed the entire 2011 season due to multiple surgeries. He was the Mariners’ closer for a couple of years before that, saving 38 games in 2009 and 31 games in 2010.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 101
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 3
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (104)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)