Jan 23, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
The Cleveland Indians just announced that they have signed righty Dave Aardsma to a Minor League Contract with a non-roster invitation to Major League spring training.
Aardsma, 32, spent most of the 2013 season in the New York Mets bullpen, going 2-2 with a 4.31 ERA in 43 relief appearances (39.2IP, 39H, 19ER, 19BB, 36K). He made one appearance with the Yankees in 2012 and missed the entire 2011 season due to multiple surgeries. He was the Mariners’ closer for a couple of years before that, saving 38 games in 2009 and 31 games in 2010.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)