Jan 23, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
The Cleveland Indians just announced that they have signed righty Dave Aardsma to a Minor League Contract with a non-roster invitation to Major League spring training.
Aardsma, 32, spent most of the 2013 season in the New York Mets bullpen, going 2-2 with a 4.31 ERA in 43 relief appearances (39.2IP, 39H, 19ER, 19BB, 36K). He made one appearance with the Yankees in 2012 and missed the entire 2011 season due to multiple surgeries. He was the Mariners’ closer for a couple of years before that, saving 38 games in 2009 and 31 games in 2010.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)