Jan 23, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
The Cleveland Indians just announced that they have signed righty Dave Aardsma to a Minor League Contract with a non-roster invitation to Major League spring training.
Aardsma, 32, spent most of the 2013 season in the New York Mets bullpen, going 2-2 with a 4.31 ERA in 43 relief appearances (39.2IP, 39H, 19ER, 19BB, 36K). He made one appearance with the Yankees in 2012 and missed the entire 2011 season due to multiple surgeries. He was the Mariners’ closer for a couple of years before that, saving 38 games in 2009 and 31 games in 2010.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)