Jan 23, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
The Cleveland Indians just announced that they have signed righty Dave Aardsma to a Minor League Contract with a non-roster invitation to Major League spring training.
Aardsma, 32, spent most of the 2013 season in the New York Mets bullpen, going 2-2 with a 4.31 ERA in 43 relief appearances (39.2IP, 39H, 19ER, 19BB, 36K). He made one appearance with the Yankees in 2012 and missed the entire 2011 season due to multiple surgeries. He was the Mariners’ closer for a couple of years before that, saving 38 games in 2009 and 31 games in 2010.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)