Jan 23, 2014, 9:26 AM EDT
Because you always wanted to know how Ned Yost spends his offseason, Brett Frazee of the KC Star goes and visits the Royals manager at his offseason home in western Georgia.
Actually, you do want to know about this. You want to know that Yost lives in the same neighborhood as comedian Jeff Foxworthy and that the two of them go hunting all the time. And that when they do they name all the deer they kill, including one after Billy Butler, which should totally make Butler feel comfortable turning his back on Yost in the clubhouse. Oh, and then there’s the part how J.D. Drew, Kevin Millwood and Jon Lester all live in the same neighborhood and go hunting with them too. They even have hunting teams and compete against one another. The teams are called “The Killbillies” and “The Thump Monkeys.”
Ballplayers: they’re just like you and me!
Also: dibs on “The Killbillies” as my fantasy team name this year.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 3
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)