Jan 23, 2014, 9:26 AM EDT
Because you always wanted to know how Ned Yost spends his offseason, Brett Frazee of the KC Star goes and visits the Royals manager at his offseason home in western Georgia.
Actually, you do want to know about this. You want to know that Yost lives in the same neighborhood as comedian Jeff Foxworthy and that the two of them go hunting all the time. And that when they do they name all the deer they kill, including one after Billy Butler, which should totally make Butler feel comfortable turning his back on Yost in the clubhouse. Oh, and then there’s the part how J.D. Drew, Kevin Millwood and Jon Lester all live in the same neighborhood and go hunting with them too. They even have hunting teams and compete against one another. The teams are called “The Killbillies” and “The Thump Monkeys.”
Ballplayers: they’re just like you and me!
Also: dibs on “The Killbillies” as my fantasy team name this year.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)