Jan 23, 2014, 9:26 AM EST
Because you always wanted to know how Ned Yost spends his offseason, Brett Frazee of the KC Star goes and visits the Royals manager at his offseason home in western Georgia.
Actually, you do want to know about this. You want to know that Yost lives in the same neighborhood as comedian Jeff Foxworthy and that the two of them go hunting all the time. And that when they do they name all the deer they kill, including one after Billy Butler, which should totally make Butler feel comfortable turning his back on Yost in the clubhouse. Oh, and then there’s the part how J.D. Drew, Kevin Millwood and Jon Lester all live in the same neighborhood and go hunting with them too. They even have hunting teams and compete against one another. The teams are called “The Killbillies” and “The Thump Monkeys.”
Ballplayers: they’re just like you and me!
Also: dibs on “The Killbillies” as my fantasy team name this year.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 8
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 15
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)