Jan 23, 2014, 9:59 AM EST
Yesterday I wondered why the Reds-Grady Sizemore deal that had been reported to be in the works so long fell through. I wondered if it was Sizemore’s health (nope, given that Boston jumped on him) or if it was because one team was offering a major league deal while the Reds offered something less. Nope, it wasn’t that either. Sizemore just changed his mind
As C. Trent Rosecrans reports, Reds GM Walt Jocketty thought the team had agreed to a deal with Sizemore. Jocketty tells him “we thought we were going to get it done and he changed his mind at the last minute.” He added, however, that “that’s his prerogative.” A deal ain’t done until the ink is on the paper.
I guess this shows that, whatever injuries and rust Sizemore has, cheap outfield depth with some upside is kinda valuable these days.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)