Jan 23, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Yesterday I wondered why the Reds-Grady Sizemore deal that had been reported to be in the works so long fell through. I wondered if it was Sizemore’s health (nope, given that Boston jumped on him) or if it was because one team was offering a major league deal while the Reds offered something less. Nope, it wasn’t that either. Sizemore just changed his mind
As C. Trent Rosecrans reports, Reds GM Walt Jocketty thought the team had agreed to a deal with Sizemore. Jocketty tells him “we thought we were going to get it done and he changed his mind at the last minute.” He added, however, that “that’s his prerogative.” A deal ain’t done until the ink is on the paper.
I guess this shows that, whatever injuries and rust Sizemore has, cheap outfield depth with some upside is kinda valuable these days.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)