Jan 23, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Yesterday I wondered why the Reds-Grady Sizemore deal that had been reported to be in the works so long fell through. I wondered if it was Sizemore’s health (nope, given that Boston jumped on him) or if it was because one team was offering a major league deal while the Reds offered something less. Nope, it wasn’t that either. Sizemore just changed his mind
As C. Trent Rosecrans reports, Reds GM Walt Jocketty thought the team had agreed to a deal with Sizemore. Jocketty tells him “we thought we were going to get it done and he changed his mind at the last minute.” He added, however, that “that’s his prerogative.” A deal ain’t done until the ink is on the paper.
I guess this shows that, whatever injuries and rust Sizemore has, cheap outfield depth with some upside is kinda valuable these days.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)