Jan 24, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Freddy Garcia found the fountain of youth down the stretch for Atlanta, posting a 1.65 ERA in 27 innings after looking just about washed up for the Orioles and at Triple-A, and now the Braves have re-signed the 37-year-old to a minor-league deal.
Barring injuries it’ll be awfully tough for Garcia to crack the Braves’ rotation coming out of spring training, so he’ll either fill a long-relief role or provide veteran depth to stash at Triple-A.
Overall last season he threw 80 innings with a 4.37 ERA and 46/17 K/BB ratio.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)