Jan 24, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Freddy Garcia found the fountain of youth down the stretch for Atlanta, posting a 1.65 ERA in 27 innings after looking just about washed up for the Orioles and at Triple-A, and now the Braves have re-signed the 37-year-old to a minor-league deal.
Barring injuries it’ll be awfully tough for Garcia to crack the Braves’ rotation coming out of spring training, so he’ll either fill a long-relief role or provide veteran depth to stash at Triple-A.
Overall last season he threw 80 innings with a 4.37 ERA and 46/17 K/BB ratio.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)