Jan 24, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Freddy Garcia found the fountain of youth down the stretch for Atlanta, posting a 1.65 ERA in 27 innings after looking just about washed up for the Orioles and at Triple-A, and now the Braves have re-signed the 37-year-old to a minor-league deal.
Barring injuries it’ll be awfully tough for Garcia to crack the Braves’ rotation coming out of spring training, so he’ll either fill a long-relief role or provide veteran depth to stash at Triple-A.
Overall last season he threw 80 innings with a 4.37 ERA and 46/17 K/BB ratio.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11