Jan 24, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Wood was a big bright spot for the Cubs last season, throwing 200 innings with a 3.11 ERA after coming into the year with a 4.22 ERA in 365 innings through age 25.
Around midseason Wood talked about wanting to sign a long-term deal to remain in Chicago, but the Cubs might be hesitant to buy high on a mid-rotation starter and they already control him through 2016 anyway.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 15
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)