Miguel Cabrera is fully recovered from sports hernia surgery; is over his emo about Prince Fielder leaving
Jan 24, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Remember that sports hernia that the Tigers pretty strongly implied Miguel Caberea was not suffering from in the last two months of last season? The ailment that got him no time on the DL even though he probably needed it in September? Well, it’s all good now. He feels 100% according to the Detroit News.
But the biggest takeaway from that story is when Cabrera was asked about being sad in the wake of Prince Fielder getting traded. He scoffed at the notion:
Was he shocked the Tigers unloaded Fielder’s huge contract for Ian Kinsler, thus significantly altering the batting order? Yep, he was. Was he saddened by it?
“What do you mean ‘sad?’ ” Cabrera said. “Yeah, he was a big part of our team. When you see somebody get traded, you don’t want that. But I don’t put extra negative things in my head because everybody talks about it. I got a great hitter behind me, and people in the big leagues got a lot of respect for Victor (Martinez).”
Yeah, sure. You weren’t sad, Miguel. You only spent an entire night being all emo on Twitter, posting pictures of Prince. Not sad at all.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)