Miguel Cabrera is fully recovered from sports hernia surgery; is over his emo about Prince Fielder leaving
Jan 24, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Remember that sports hernia that the Tigers pretty strongly implied Miguel Caberea was not suffering from in the last two months of last season? The ailment that got him no time on the DL even though he probably needed it in September? Well, it’s all good now. He feels 100% according to the Detroit News.
But the biggest takeaway from that story is when Cabrera was asked about being sad in the wake of Prince Fielder getting traded. He scoffed at the notion:
Was he shocked the Tigers unloaded Fielder’s huge contract for Ian Kinsler, thus significantly altering the batting order? Yep, he was. Was he saddened by it?
“What do you mean ‘sad?’ ” Cabrera said. “Yeah, he was a big part of our team. When you see somebody get traded, you don’t want that. But I don’t put extra negative things in my head because everybody talks about it. I got a great hitter behind me, and people in the big leagues got a lot of respect for Victor (Martinez).”
Yeah, sure. You weren’t sad, Miguel. You only spent an entire night being all emo on Twitter, posting pictures of Prince. Not sad at all.
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 3
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 28
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)