Jan 24, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
Center fielder Ben Revere and the Phillies have avoided arbitration with a one-year, $1.95 million deal.
Revere had a terrible first month in Philadelphia after coming over in a trade from Minnesota, but then caught fire by hitting .347 in 65 games from May 1 until mid-July. Unfortunately that’s when his season ended thanks to a broken foot, leaving Revere with a .305 batting average, zero homers, 22 steals, and a .691 OPS in 88 games overall.
This was Revere’s first season of arbitration eligibility at age 25.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)