Jan 24, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Center fielder Ben Revere and the Phillies have avoided arbitration with a one-year, $1.95 million deal.
Revere had a terrible first month in Philadelphia after coming over in a trade from Minnesota, but then caught fire by hitting .347 in 65 games from May 1 until mid-July. Unfortunately that’s when his season ended thanks to a broken foot, leaving Revere with a .305 batting average, zero homers, 22 steals, and a .691 OPS in 88 games overall.
This was Revere’s first season of arbitration eligibility at age 25.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)