Jan 24, 2014, 4:49 PM EST
Orioles gonna Oriole:
after finding tyler colvin still has back issue, orioles will give him a minors deal but no majors deal. so he remains a FA
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 24, 2014
We first heard about this the other day as the team and Colvin were supposed to be finalizing the major league deal they reached in mid-January. We’d normally think little of this sort of thing, but this comes on the heels of Baltimore backing out of their deal with Grant Balfour.
At this point I’m not sure why anyone would want to go down the road to signing a contract with Baltimore. If they get dinged on the physical it’ll cost them a good deal of money.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)