Jan 24, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Orioles gonna Oriole:
after finding tyler colvin still has back issue, orioles will give him a minors deal but no majors deal. so he remains a FA
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 24, 2014
We first heard about this the other day as the team and Colvin were supposed to be finalizing the major league deal they reached in mid-January. We’d normally think little of this sort of thing, but this comes on the heels of Baltimore backing out of their deal with Grant Balfour.
At this point I’m not sure why anyone would want to go down the road to signing a contract with Baltimore. If they get dinged on the physical it’ll cost them a good deal of money.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)