Jan 24, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Orioles gonna Oriole:
after finding tyler colvin still has back issue, orioles will give him a minors deal but no majors deal. so he remains a FA
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 24, 2014
We first heard about this the other day as the team and Colvin were supposed to be finalizing the major league deal they reached in mid-January. We’d normally think little of this sort of thing, but this comes on the heels of Baltimore backing out of their deal with Grant Balfour.
At this point I’m not sure why anyone would want to go down the road to signing a contract with Baltimore. If they get dinged on the physical it’ll cost them a good deal of money.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)