Jan 24, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Orioles gonna Oriole:
after finding tyler colvin still has back issue, orioles will give him a minors deal but no majors deal. so he remains a FA
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 24, 2014
We first heard about this the other day as the team and Colvin were supposed to be finalizing the major league deal they reached in mid-January. We’d normally think little of this sort of thing, but this comes on the heels of Baltimore backing out of their deal with Grant Balfour.
At this point I’m not sure why anyone would want to go down the road to signing a contract with Baltimore. If they get dinged on the physical it’ll cost them a good deal of money.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)