The White Sox have extended Robin Ventura’s contract

Jan 24, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT

Chicago White Sox v Cleveland Indians Getty Images

Baseball’s third most handsome manager will have his job for some time now: The White Sox have announced that they’ve signed Robin Ventura to a multi-year contract extension. The details are not yet known.

Ventura, who is 148-176 as White Sox manager, was entering the last year of his contract. He’s now lost his lame duck status and can feel a bit more comfortable as the Sox build back toward contention.

1. sawxalicious - Jan 24, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I think this is a good move. Unfortunately, the player acquisitions have not panned out over the last few years and the WS won’t be visiting the post season any time soon. They’ve gotten a lot weaker while their division rivals have gotten much more competitive. I hope their new Cuban First Baseman pans out and becomes a cornerstone of the next competitive WS team.

2. esracerx46 - Jan 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I always liked Ozzie more than Kenny. Then Ozzie went absolutely crazy.taking a deeper look at the organization, I feel confident that most of their talent issues stemmed from KW. And I have been quite pleased with how Hahn has been able to “rebuild on the fly”. He’s gotten younger, cheaper, and more talented. Far fewer eyebrow raising moments.

• spliff219 - Jan 25, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Your right on the money.

3. chesschum - Jan 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Not a good move in my view. I love Robin but he has yet to show much evidence that he’s a major league manager.

4. nelsonsaint - Jan 24, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Sources say the contract contains a handsomeness-based incentive clause.

5. granadafan - Jan 24, 2014 at 5:15 PM

A 46 year old Nolan Ryan using Robin Ventura’s head as a speedbag is still one of the funniest baseball fights ever.

• sawxalicious - Jan 25, 2014 at 1:10 AM

I challenge anyone to find one funnier.

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win