Jan 24, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is reporting that the Yankees have traded lefty David Huff to the Giants for cash considerations. The Yankees had acquired Huff by claiming him off waivers from the Indians in late May last season.
In 34 2/3 innings split between two spot starts and nine relief appearances, Huff posted a 5.50 ERA. He has always been prone to giving up home runs, so a move to the spacious confines of AT&T Park might be beneficial for the 29-year-old.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)