Jan 24, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is reporting that the Yankees have traded lefty David Huff to the Giants for cash considerations. The Yankees had acquired Huff by claiming him off waivers from the Indians in late May last season.
In 34 2/3 innings split between two spot starts and nine relief appearances, Huff posted a 5.50 ERA. He has always been prone to giving up home runs, so a move to the spacious confines of AT&T Park might be beneficial for the 29-year-old.
- Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 0
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 74
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)