Jan 24, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is reporting that the Yankees have traded lefty David Huff to the Giants for cash considerations. The Yankees had acquired Huff by claiming him off waivers from the Indians in late May last season.
In 34 2/3 innings split between two spot starts and nine relief appearances, Huff posted a 5.50 ERA. He has always been prone to giving up home runs, so a move to the spacious confines of AT&T Park might be beneficial for the 29-year-old.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)