Jan 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Brewers Player Development Department reported on Twitter that the team signed outfielders Jeremy Hermida and Joe Thurston to minor league deals.
Hermida, who turns 30 on Thursday, has been besieged by injuries, including a sports hernia suffered at the end of April 2012. In 2013, he worked his way back with Triple-A Columbus, an affiliate of the Indians, posting a .781 OPS in 567 plate appearances.
Thurston, 34, has not played in the Majors since 2011. He spent last season between Lancaster of the Atlantic League and Yucatan of the Mexican League.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)