Jan 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Brewers Player Development Department reported on Twitter that the team signed outfielders Jeremy Hermida and Joe Thurston to minor league deals.
Hermida, who turns 30 on Thursday, has been besieged by injuries, including a sports hernia suffered at the end of April 2012. In 2013, he worked his way back with Triple-A Columbus, an affiliate of the Indians, posting a .781 OPS in 567 plate appearances.
Thurston, 34, has not played in the Majors since 2011. He spent last season between Lancaster of the Atlantic League and Yucatan of the Mexican League.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)