Jan 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Brewers Player Development Department reported on Twitter that the team signed outfielders Jeremy Hermida and Joe Thurston to minor league deals.
Hermida, who turns 30 on Thursday, has been besieged by injuries, including a sports hernia suffered at the end of April 2012. In 2013, he worked his way back with Triple-A Columbus, an affiliate of the Indians, posting a .781 OPS in 567 plate appearances.
Thurston, 34, has not played in the Majors since 2011. He spent last season between Lancaster of the Atlantic League and Yucatan of the Mexican League.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)