Jan 25, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
This quote is actually from Thursday night, but it’s too good to ignore.
Phil Hughes, who signed a three-year, $24 million contract with the Twins in December, was in town for the team’s annual awards banquet at Target Field and was asked for his thoughts on leaving New York behind. Per Pat Borzi of Sports on Earth, Hughes had a pretty good line:
“It was nice to get out of town. A change is nice sometimes. I think at certain points of your career, you’re ready for that.” He added: “Everybody here has been nice to me. It’ll take a little getting used to.”
Maybe his teammates should boo him incessantly during spring training. You know, just to make sure he’s comfortable.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11