Adam Dunn plays a bartender in “Dallas Buyers Club?” OK.

Jan 26, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT

Chicago White Sox Photo Day Getty Images

Mr. DeMille: The Big Donkey is ready for his closeup. And his Quote of the Day:

Dunn said he enjoyed his big-screen debut as a bartender in the Oscar-nominated film “Dallas Buyers Club,” made by the production company in which he invests. Dunn, who didn’t have a line in the movie, joked he was snubbed in not receiving a nomination.

“It seems like that always happens,” Dunn said. “The Gold Glove, every year I get snubbed on that, so I’m used to it.”

I used to argue all the time that Dunn was underrated. His talents unappreciated because people always focus on what he can’t do as opposed to what he can do.

I don’t do that too much anymore. Dunn’s fallen off too much to make such arguments. But maybe he can be underrated in another field now.

1. Jack Marshall - Jan 26, 2014 at 1:22 PM

The question is, was he better than Wade Boggs was in his nuanced, tortured performance as Deputy Stanley in “Swamp Shark”? I can’t believe he could have been.

2. tfbuckfutter - Jan 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Dunn actually did have a line in the movie.

But he missed his cue.

In all three takes.

By a lot.

• cderry2000 - Jan 26, 2014 at 2:15 PM

As a White Sox fan I can confirm that this probably did happen. All the director needed to do was give him slower cues down and away…

3. ptfu - Jan 26, 2014 at 2:04 PM

It clearly wasn’t a singles bar.

• tfbuckfutter - Jan 26, 2014 at 2:28 PM

It was one of those sidewalk cafes with a walk up bar.

• cderry2000 - Jan 26, 2014 at 3:44 PM

He hit on a girl, but struck out…

4. yankeedjw - Jan 26, 2014 at 4:25 PM

It took him a few takes, then he hit it out of the park.

5. rbuckner - Jan 26, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Bartender? I hope he didn’t miss the glass as much as he misses the ball!

6. janetwillson213 - Apr 10, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Thanks for your great article here. I like your blog and comment. About myself is here.

Three legends off to Cooperstown