Jan 26, 2014, 7:20 AM EST
Carlos Zambrano has had a lot of new starts in recent years. After his final meltdown as a Chicago Cub he said he was going to have a fresh, mellow new start as a Marlin. Then he said he had a new outlook when Philly signed him. He gave interviews in the fall about how he’s older and more mature now and all of that.
Guess we’re still waiting.
Last night in a Venezuela Winter League game he led the charge out of the dugout during a benches-clearing brawl after this teammate was plunked in the ribs. Watch the video here of Big Z throwing haymakers. He’s in vintage Zambrano form:
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 43
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 36
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)