Jan 26, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports that Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval came up lame running out a grounder in the eighth inning of a Venezuelan Winter League game last night. Baggarly writes that it appears to be a “minor” injury, fortunately. He is back in the lineup tonight.
A recent report indicated that Sandoval has lost over 40 pounds this off-season as he enters his final season before free agency. Staying on the field had been an issue for Sandoval in previous years.
Sandoval’s injury was a footnote in what was an interesting game between Navegantes de Magallanes and Caribes de Anzoategui. Carlos Zambrano was part of a benches-clearing brawl and reportedly threw a few haymakers.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)