Jan 26, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports that Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval came up lame running out a grounder in the eighth inning of a Venezuelan Winter League game last night. Baggarly writes that it appears to be a “minor” injury, fortunately. He is back in the lineup tonight.
A recent report indicated that Sandoval has lost over 40 pounds this off-season as he enters his final season before free agency. Staying on the field had been an issue for Sandoval in previous years.
Sandoval’s injury was a footnote in what was an interesting game between Navegantes de Magallanes and Caribes de Anzoategui. Carlos Zambrano was part of a benches-clearing brawl and reportedly threw a few haymakers.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)