Jan 26, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports that Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval came up lame running out a grounder in the eighth inning of a Venezuelan Winter League game last night. Baggarly writes that it appears to be a “minor” injury, fortunately. He is back in the lineup tonight.
A recent report indicated that Sandoval has lost over 40 pounds this off-season as he enters his final season before free agency. Staying on the field had been an issue for Sandoval in previous years.
Sandoval’s injury was a footnote in what was an interesting game between Navegantes de Magallanes and Caribes de Anzoategui. Carlos Zambrano was part of a benches-clearing brawl and reportedly threw a few haymakers.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 111
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (111)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)