Jan 26, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
This is of little interest to people not named Duncan and people who are not my daughter, but let the record reflect that the Arizona Diamondbacks have signed Shelley Duncan to a minor league deal.
Duncan’s father, Dave Duncan, is an assistant to Dbacks GM Kevin Towers. Shelley is an Arizona native and played his college ball at Arizona. Duncan hit .182 in 20 games for the Rays last year It’s unlikely that he’s anything more than organizational depth at this point.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 32
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 84
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 89
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)