Jan 26, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
This is of little interest to people not named Duncan and people who are not my daughter, but let the record reflect that the Arizona Diamondbacks have signed Shelley Duncan to a minor league deal.
Duncan’s father, Dave Duncan, is an assistant to Dbacks GM Kevin Towers. Shelley is an Arizona native and played his college ball at Arizona. Duncan hit .182 in 20 games for the Rays last year It’s unlikely that he’s anything more than organizational depth at this point.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)