Jan 28, 2014, 5:09 PM EDT
Former major league pitcher Carlos Zambrano apologized — in an ad in the El Nacional newspaper — for his role in a brawl during Venezuela’s winter series final . . . Zambrano asked for forgiveness from Venezuelans and the Caribes organization for the “very embarrassing incident.”
He’s had a lot of practice doing that. He always says he’s a changed man after whatever dustup he’s involved in. But at some point you’re just a guy who is unable to keep a lid on you emotions and your anger. Zambrano passed that point years ago.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)