Jan 28, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
My kids are home from school today. Again. Darn winter weather. They have not had a full five-day school week since before Christmas. And, frankly, it’s getting on my nerves. I told them this morning that I have to work and that they need to not be crazy.
My ten year-old daughter Anna — known to some of you around here as Mookie — asked me if it would help me out if she wrote something today. I figured, heck, what’s the worst thing that could happen? So I said yes. She wrote up the following post. The only thing I did on it was the formatting. I was going to insert some A-Rod rhetoric, but she told me to give it a rest. Kids.
Please, warm weather, come back soon. — Craig
My dad is Craig Calcaterra. This is about his job.
He goes “typity-type-type-type” about basity-base-base-ball all day. It’s true. Not kidding. Lots of people think that’s all he does. To prove it, here is a quote from my brother Carlo:
I think his brain’s gonna melt out if he keeps typity-type-type-typing on the computer all day. And he likes the letter “B” a lot. Baseball. Beer. Bourbon. Batman. And his favorite color is blue.
I told him this had to be about baseball so I stopped him.
Anyway, my dad asked me if I had any thoughts about baseball to share. So here are a few:
- I went to a Columbus Clippers-Charlotte Knights baseball game once and shook my butt when the music was playing and it got up on the big screen on the scoreboard.
- I once saw Carlos Santana hit a grand slam at a Clippers game. I don’t really remember this because I was young but my dad reminded me of it last week.
- My first major league game was in 2012. It was in San Diego. The Padres played the Texas Rangers. The Rangers won. My uncle Curt went with us too. Major league stadiums are bigger than minor league stadiums.
- Even though I think my dad and his job are lame, I think baseball is cool.
Wasn’t this better than what my dad usually writes?
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)