Jan 28, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
Rodney wasn’t nearly as dominant in 2013 as he was in 2012, but he still saved 37 games for the Rays and averaged a career-high 96.5 mph on his fastball while striking out 82 batters in 66 2/3 innings.
Rodney is likely seeking a multi-year contract. If the Mariners sign him, they’ll presumably push projected closer Danny Farquhar into a setup role and make Rodney their primary ninth-inning man. Spring training gets underway in a little over two weeks.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)