Jan 28, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
Rodney wasn’t nearly as dominant in 2013 as he was in 2012, but he still saved 37 games for the Rays and averaged a career-high 96.5 mph on his fastball while striking out 82 batters in 66 2/3 innings.
Rodney is likely seeking a multi-year contract. If the Mariners sign him, they’ll presumably push projected closer Danny Farquhar into a setup role and make Rodney their primary ninth-inning man. Spring training gets underway in a little over two weeks.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 162
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (162)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)