Jan 28, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
If you answered yes, it’s your lucky day:
Dallas-based Heritage Auctions is selling the splintered Mizuno Pro Limited, which still has Piazza’s name cleanly etched on it. The bat was consigned by Jeff Mangold, who was the Yankees’ strength and conditioning coach from 1984-88 and 1998-2006.
“I’ve had this for 13 years,” Mangold told ESPN. “It was just sitting in my office and very few people knew about it. But I think this is an article of sports memorabilia that has some substance to it.”
The lesson here: if something big goes down on the field, grab the nearest piece of equipment you can. It might just buy you a new car or pay for your kids’ college education or something.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47