Jan 28, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
If you answered yes, it’s your lucky day:
Dallas-based Heritage Auctions is selling the splintered Mizuno Pro Limited, which still has Piazza’s name cleanly etched on it. The bat was consigned by Jeff Mangold, who was the Yankees’ strength and conditioning coach from 1984-88 and 1998-2006.
“I’ve had this for 13 years,” Mangold told ESPN. “It was just sitting in my office and very few people knew about it. But I think this is an article of sports memorabilia that has some substance to it.”
The lesson here: if something big goes down on the field, grab the nearest piece of equipment you can. It might just buy you a new car or pay for your kids’ college education or something.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)