Jan 28, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
John Kruk once famously told a woman he was not an athlete, he was a ballplayer. Albert Pujols, in contrast, embraces the label of athlete.
We know this because He’s making a guest appearance on Sesame Street on Thursday, explaining to Grover what the word “athlete” means. And it’s fantastic:
- I’m going to start calling Grover “Mike Trout” because, like Trout, he flat carries Pujols here. But that’s not a shock. Grover is an 80-Muppet. He is so much better than just about every other Muppet there is. In a just world he’s making Elmo money. He’s that good;
- Watch Pujols look away at the cue card as he identifies himself by name. Seriously.
- “Yes. I train to play baseball. And I am good at baseball.” That’s quote of the year material there.
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 1
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)