Jan 29, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
Tracy is 33 years old and spent the past two seasons as a bench bat for the Nationals, hitting .230 with seven homers and a .660 OPS in 241 plate appearances spread over 165 games.
He was once a solid regular for the Diamondbacks, but Tracy hasn’t topped a .700 OPS since 2008. He gets a minor-league deal and will try win a bench role as a corner infield backup and pinch-hitter.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 0
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 29
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 20
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)