Jan 29, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
Tracy is 33 years old and spent the past two seasons as a bench bat for the Nationals, hitting .230 with seven homers and a .660 OPS in 241 plate appearances spread over 165 games.
He was once a solid regular for the Diamondbacks, but Tracy hasn’t topped a .700 OPS since 2008. He gets a minor-league deal and will try win a bench role as a corner infield backup and pinch-hitter.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)