Jan 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
At this point I might be getting sick of writing these “Byron Buxton named No. 1 prospect by X” posts, except I’m a Twins fan and it’s negative-10 degrees here in Minnesota and it’s basically all I’ve got.
Anyway, the latest to pick Buxton as the best prospect in the world is Keith Law of ESPN.com, who released his annual top-100 rankings today.
Buxton–who was previously ranked No. 1 by Baseball Prospectus and MLB.com, along with my heart–is followed on Law’s list by Xander Bogaerts of the Red Sox, Addison Russell of the A’s, Carlos Correa of the Astros, and Oscar Taveras of the Cardinals.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 33
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)