Jan 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
At this point I might be getting sick of writing these “Byron Buxton named No. 1 prospect by X” posts, except I’m a Twins fan and it’s negative-10 degrees here in Minnesota and it’s basically all I’ve got.
Anyway, the latest to pick Buxton as the best prospect in the world is Keith Law of ESPN.com, who released his annual top-100 rankings today.
Buxton–who was previously ranked No. 1 by Baseball Prospectus and MLB.com, along with my heart–is followed on Law’s list by Xander Bogaerts of the Red Sox, Addison Russell of the A’s, Carlos Correa of the Astros, and Oscar Taveras of the Cardinals.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)