Jan 29, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Christopher O’Hare, a left-hander who was the Phillies’ 23rd-round pick last year, has been suspended 50 games after a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
O’Hare made his pro debut last season and spent time at three different levels, but threw a grand total of just five innings in five appearances.
He’ll sit out the first 50 games of the season and once he serves the suspension O’Hare figures to pitch at Single-A as a 23-year-old.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)