Jan 29, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Christopher O’Hare, a left-hander who was the Phillies’ 23rd-round pick last year, has been suspended 50 games after a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
O’Hare made his pro debut last season and spent time at three different levels, but threw a grand total of just five innings in five appearances.
He’ll sit out the first 50 games of the season and once he serves the suspension O’Hare figures to pitch at Single-A as a 23-year-old.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)