Jan 29, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Christopher O’Hare, a left-hander who was the Phillies’ 23rd-round pick last year, has been suspended 50 games after a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
O’Hare made his pro debut last season and spent time at three different levels, but threw a grand total of just five innings in five appearances.
He’ll sit out the first 50 games of the season and once he serves the suspension O’Hare figures to pitch at Single-A as a 23-year-old.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)