Jan 29, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Christopher O’Hare, a left-hander who was the Phillies’ 23rd-round pick last year, has been suspended 50 games after a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
O’Hare made his pro debut last season and spent time at three different levels, but threw a grand total of just five innings in five appearances.
He’ll sit out the first 50 games of the season and once he serves the suspension O’Hare figures to pitch at Single-A as a 23-year-old.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)