Jan 29, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Christopher O’Hare, a left-hander who was the Phillies’ 23rd-round pick last year, has been suspended 50 games after a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
O’Hare made his pro debut last season and spent time at three different levels, but threw a grand total of just five innings in five appearances.
He’ll sit out the first 50 games of the season and once he serves the suspension O’Hare figures to pitch at Single-A as a 23-year-old.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 4
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)