Jan 30, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
When I first saw tweets saying that the Dodgers were introducing alternate road jerseys, I had a brief moment of panic, picturing one of the most classically-attired baseball teams going to solid blue pajama tops or vests or something awful. But nope, it’s just a switch to “Dodgers” across the chest of the road grays from “Los Angeles.”
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) January 30, 2014
This is a look much like what the Dodgers had as their everyday roadies from 1970 through 1998. The re-introduction of “Los Angeles” on the roadies occurred in 1999 (although it came first with a hideous vest). Other than that, they’ve only experimented with occasional throwbacks, keeping it pretty straightforward.
This year they’ll use both the “Los Angeles” and the “Dodgers” script. Either one is pretty classic. No complaints here.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)