Jan 30, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Bob Uecker is cutting back on his road trips, but Vin Scully is going to the other side of the world for one:
Scully, who normally only makes road games to cities in the West, said he will broadcast the Dodgers’ two games in Sydney, Australia, to open the season March 22 against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
“They asked me to go because they’re the first games to be broadcast by Time Warner,” Scully said. “So I said, `Sure, I’ll go.’ ”
Scully normally limits his road travel to games in California and Arizona. Dude won’t even go to Denver, but he’ll go to Australia. Bet that makes you feel special, Rockies fans!
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (159)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)