Jan 30, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Bob Uecker is cutting back on his road trips, but Vin Scully is going to the other side of the world for one:
Scully, who normally only makes road games to cities in the West, said he will broadcast the Dodgers’ two games in Sydney, Australia, to open the season March 22 against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
“They asked me to go because they’re the first games to be broadcast by Time Warner,” Scully said. “So I said, `Sure, I’ll go.’ ”
Scully normally limits his road travel to games in California and Arizona. Dude won’t even go to Denver, but he’ll go to Australia. Bet that makes you feel special, Rockies fans!
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 41
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)