Jan 30, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Bob Uecker is cutting back on his road trips, but Vin Scully is going to the other side of the world for one:
Scully, who normally only makes road games to cities in the West, said he will broadcast the Dodgers’ two games in Sydney, Australia, to open the season March 22 against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
“They asked me to go because they’re the first games to be broadcast by Time Warner,” Scully said. “So I said, `Sure, I’ll go.’ ”
Scully normally limits his road travel to games in California and Arizona. Dude won’t even go to Denver, but he’ll go to Australia. Bet that makes you feel special, Rockies fans!
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)