Jan 31, 2014, 5:04 PM EDT
Jeff Fletcher of the OC Register reports that David Freese avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $5.05 million contract. That’s the midpoint between the $4.1 million the Angels offered and the $6 million Freese wanted.
He’s going to have to improve if he’s to be worth that money. In 2013 he hit a meager 262/.340/.381 with nine homers.
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 1
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)