Jan 31, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
You can thank our old friend Halladay’s Biceps for bringing this to our attention. But Matt Stairs — a guy I think everyone loves unconditionally because my God what’s not to love — is up for a Phillies TV gig. The report from Ryan Lawrence:
Stairs, a member of the 2008 world champion Phillies, will interview with Comcast SportsNet for the vacant TV broadcasting job, according to an MLB.com report.
He has done some TV work before and his time on camera as a player suggests a lot of personality. But Matt, what other qualifications do you have?
— Phielder’s Choice (@phielderschoice) January 31, 2014
Hire. This. Man.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)