Jan 31, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
You can thank our old friend Halladay’s Biceps for bringing this to our attention. But Matt Stairs — a guy I think everyone loves unconditionally because my God what’s not to love — is up for a Phillies TV gig. The report from Ryan Lawrence:
Stairs, a member of the 2008 world champion Phillies, will interview with Comcast SportsNet for the vacant TV broadcasting job, according to an MLB.com report.
He has done some TV work before and his time on camera as a player suggests a lot of personality. But Matt, what other qualifications do you have?
— Phielder’s Choice (@phielderschoice) January 31, 2014
Hire. This. Man.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)