Jan 31, 2014, 9:57 AM EST
You can thank our old friend Halladay’s Biceps for bringing this to our attention. But Matt Stairs — a guy I think everyone loves unconditionally because my God what’s not to love — is up for a Phillies TV gig. The report from Ryan Lawrence:
Stairs, a member of the 2008 world champion Phillies, will interview with Comcast SportsNet for the vacant TV broadcasting job, according to an MLB.com report.
He has done some TV work before and his time on camera as a player suggests a lot of personality. But Matt, what other qualifications do you have?
— Phielder’s Choice (@phielderschoice) January 31, 2014
Hire. This. Man.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)