Jan 31, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
You can thank our old friend Halladay’s Biceps for bringing this to our attention. But Matt Stairs — a guy I think everyone loves unconditionally because my God what’s not to love — is up for a Phillies TV gig. The report from Ryan Lawrence:
Stairs, a member of the 2008 world champion Phillies, will interview with Comcast SportsNet for the vacant TV broadcasting job, according to an MLB.com report.
He has done some TV work before and his time on camera as a player suggests a lot of personality. But Matt, what other qualifications do you have?
— Phielder’s Choice (@phielderschoice) January 31, 2014
Hire. This. Man.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 4
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)