Jan 31, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Prior to the injury Betemit was a solid part-timer who bounced around a lot, hitting .280 with 33 homers and an .804 OPS in 283 games for three different teams from 2010-2012. He’s a switch-hitter with experience all over the infield defensively, although at age 32 he’s mostly just a first baseman and designated hitter option.
Tampa Bay will give him a look as a bench bat or platoon player versus right-handed pitching.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)