Jan 31, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Prior to the injury Betemit was a solid part-timer who bounced around a lot, hitting .280 with 33 homers and an .804 OPS in 283 games for three different teams from 2010-2012. He’s a switch-hitter with experience all over the infield defensively, although at age 32 he’s mostly just a first baseman and designated hitter option.
Tampa Bay will give him a look as a bench bat or platoon player versus right-handed pitching.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)