Jan 31, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The Miami Marlins have announced that they’ve signed Reed Johnson to a minor league deal with an invite to big league camp.
Johnson was useful for the Brave early last season but then missed most of the second half with an Achilles’ injury. He ended up hitting .244 with one homer and a .653 OPS in 136 plate appearances. He can still hit lefties a bit and can play all three outfield positions, however, so it’s definitely worth giving him a shot at a bench role or, at the very least, to have in camp all spring.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 15
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)