Jan 31, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
The Miami Marlins have announced that they’ve signed Reed Johnson to a minor league deal with an invite to big league camp.
Johnson was useful for the Brave early last season but then missed most of the second half with an Achilles’ injury. He ended up hitting .244 with one homer and a .653 OPS in 136 plate appearances. He can still hit lefties a bit and can play all three outfield positions, however, so it’s definitely worth giving him a shot at a bench role or, at the very least, to have in camp all spring.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 141
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 66
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (141)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)