Jan 31, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
The Red Sox signed lefty Rich Hill to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
Homecoming, I guess, as Hill pitched 40 games across three seasons with the Red Sox before going to Cleveland last year. His ERA was a hideous 6.28 ERA but he did strike out 51 batters over 38.2 innings and continues to be murder on lefties. He’ll make $840,000 if he makes the Opening Day roster, with $500,000 more in appearance bonuses possible.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (100)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)